Monday, April 16, 2012

Burn After Reading

I'm really bummed out because I haven't been able to think of anything I write about (although my adventures are constant).  And I'm not usually the sappy type, I can't stand that sort of thing, but here goes...
My latest news is that I am officially engaged.  Wayne took Shelby and I out to dinner the Saturday night before Easter and asked me to marry him.  That was over a week ago and I still haven't been able to stop staring at my ring and wondering how in the hell I got so lucky.  I have this beautiful daughter, I live in this gorgeous section of the earth, and Wayne Atkins wants to marry me.  That's like, a way better last name than I have now.  (I'm just kidding...a little.)  On a serious note, he's the first person to ever love me no matter what, who wasn't related to me.  He has dealt with my depressed and unemployed phase, my temper tantrums over stupid crap, my obsession with clean stuff, my stomach aches, PMS, migraines, frustrations with my kid and his kid, and has NEVER once made me feel like a lesser person, or the least bit bad about anything.  Some people look at marriage as losing a piece of themselves...I see it as gaining a missing piece because of Wayne, and because of Ryan.
So, I guess I shouldn't burn this after reading.  It's okay to be sappy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment